So, my dad and brother used to watch dvds of this tv show called “Doctor Who”. As far as I was aware, it was about this guy who travels in time called the Doctor, in a time machine called the TARDIS that looked like a blue telephone box, with a friend, fighting off bad guys- and it was a SCARY show. At least that was what I thought, as sounds of “Are you my mummy?!?” wafted through from the other room. I was never interested in watching it, I mean it was sci-fi, since when was I ever interested in sci-fi?
Fast forward a year or so, one saturday night my brother mentioned that a new series of Doctor Who was on, so I decided I’d watch it. Happens that it was up to “The Lodger”. Great episode to start on, right before the series finale, I know. Basically, I asked a billion questions, it was a bit weird, a bit scary, but very funny.
So I watched it again the next week. WHAT WAS HAPPENING?!?!??!
The doctor’s friend, Amy, who was flirty and seemed to like the doctor, had a fiancee who died…but then came back to life…but she didn’t remember him, and he had a gun inside his hand, and shot her involuntarily…but he was a Roman and guarded her for 2000 years? I had no idea what was going on, but I liked this Rory guy. And there was this woman who the Doctor knew, dressed up like Cleopatra… basically nothing made much sense- and I didn’t help it much by watching the ending of The Big Bang before I had seen the full episode.
BUT I stuck at it, because I liked the show in general, and could tell there was an amazing logical in-depthness that was there to love, should I work to understand.
So I think I got (got is a terrible word. I “acquired”) tumblr some time after series 6 started. The more I watched the more I understood, and the more I tumbled the more I understood.
Read the rest of the story here.
this is very similar to what happened to me(exact same episode. how did that even), except before i actually started watching Doctor Who i had seen (the end of) one episode
that episode was the one where the ninth doctor turned into the tenth.
(also my parents have been watching it since it first starting airing in america. This is extremely beneficial to my knowledge of the series.)
- sino-baler likes this
- sechsherzendiebrennen reblogged this from doctorwho
- sechsherzendiebrennen likes this
- britishsolar reblogged this from doctorwho and added:
- stupidthumb likes this
- asian-wedding-photography likes this
- okashishii likes this
- homeiswhereyourbookshelfis likes this
- french--the--llama reblogged this from doctorwho
- icyanyeta likes this
- annettemikky reblogged this from itshappyfordeeppeople
- makeyourdeduction reblogged this from itshappyfordeeppeople and added:
- haapw reblogged this from doctorwho
- afiqahsimagination likes this
- miaowmiaowmiaowmiaowmiaow likes this
- sml20exel reblogged this from doctorwho
- sml20exel likes this
- perrierprincess reblogged this from itshappyfordeeppeople and added:
- spaghetti69 reblogged this from doctorwho
- renwickruin reblogged this from doctorwho
- renwickruin likes this
- lazershark likes this
- grr-arg likes this
- bands-broadway likes this
- fidonia reblogged this from doctorwho and added:
- fidonia likes this
- zensaga likes this
- totallynotacult reblogged this from doctorwho
- asianfrustration13 reblogged this from doctorwho
- paranoia-killed-the-kat likes this
- flufflogic likes this
- agirlthatfellinlovewithnumberten likes this
- silent-screams-of-pain likes this
- thebestkindofmad reblogged this from doctorwho
- thebestkindofmad likes this
- slyreachevermore reblogged this from doctorwho
- waitingatnandos likes this
- guitarist0418 likes this
- badwolfpls likes this
- rakbeingrak likes this
- selfawaresheep likes this
- owlglasses likes this
- tempecordyloisanya likes this
- thievinglombaxprecursor likes this
- sherlock-amelia likes this
- eliseypoo likes this
- supersandys-space likes this
- luminousjedsomeherofiachrasparks reblogged this from doctorwho
- mynameisdones reblogged this from doctorwho and added: